Here are some possible reasons:
- To support a good cause. Diya B&B is part of Street Connections, a responsible tourism company. We understand that this responsibility should cover both social and environmental concerns. We employ beneficiaries of Salaam Baalak Trust. We have helped plant a mini-forest through Swechha’s Monsoon Wooding We accept donations on behalf of either SBT, for their ongoing work with street children, or Swechha towards tree planting. See our listing in Tourism Concern: www.tourismconcern.org.uk/street-connections/
- Because we have worked hard to create some of the surroundings that you can get from a posh Delhi homestay, but at something like a half or a third of the price. And, perhaps, because you would appreciate some of those comforts without being cut off from the real city; you might like to learn about the Delhi beyond India Gate and the Qutub Minar.
- Because, if you like, we’ll answer your questions in advance – especially about your time in Delhi and how to find places to see and things to do here that are off the beaten track. The lanes of Old Delhi are the speciality on our Walk, but what about the Sufi shrine in an urban village that’s so much less visited than Nizamuddin? The oasis of immaculate green with Mughal tombs that is (as yet) entirely unvisited? The modern art galleries lurking in Mehrauli? Or even the nearby 14thcentury tomb that is ‘one of the most challenging historical places to visit in Delhi’.. we can help you find those or many others.
- Because, in the words of some guests who know a thing or two about food, “Dilip is a great cook” who can rustle up a week’s worth of tasty breakfasts.
- Because of the 6’5” long, pocket-sprung mattresses in our rooms, the wooden furniture, the small library of books, the espresso coffee machine
- Because we have willing young people on hand – beneficiaries of Salaam Baalak Trust – who will guide you to the local market, help you buy a SIM card or a metro pass, haggle with an auto rickshaw driver or book a train ticket.
- To have your breakfast or afternoon chai as you watch the life in the heart of the city at rooftop level from our large, plant-filled terrace.